Sacraments and Ceremonies
- The Quinceañera Ceremony at Sacred Heart Church is scheduled every third Saturday of each month at 10:00 AM, 12:00 Noon and 2:00 PM.
- The Ceremony is a double ceremony celebrated with 2 participants booked in each time slot.
- Parents may request a Quinceañera for their daughters in person at the Parish Office during regular business hours: 8:00AM - 12:00PM and 1:00 PM - 4:00PM, Monday through Friday.
- To book a Quinceañera the parents of the candidate must complete a Registration Form and Pay a non-refundable deposit in the amount of $100.00 which will be applied to the total donation of $250.00.
- The date and the hour of the Quinceañera is not confirmed and scheduled until the deposit is received. The balance of $150.00 is due no later than one month prior to the date of the Quinceañera.
- The rehearsals for all Quinceañera will be held on the Friday evening before the Quinceañera at 6:00PM.
- The Parish Quinceañera Coordinator, Mrs. Elizabeth Gonzalez, will supervise and assist the day of the Quinceañera and will contact you before the rehearsal.
Preparation and Documents:
- All candidates must provide a copy of their First Communion Certificate.
- If the candidate is a member of another Parish the candidate must provide a letter of permission from the Pastor of her Parish.
- The candidates must participate in a preparation program/class as the Diocese requires 10 hours of preparation. Sacred Heart Church has its own preparation class. To attend this class, please call the Parish Office at (760) 346-6502.
- You can also contact a representative of PATHFINDER in your area. Following is the list of PATHFINDER representatives.
- Ernesty Martha Luna - Cathedral City/Palm Springs (760)321-4105
- Maria Inlguez - Palm Desert (760) 564-3746
- Valley Mission Prog.(Gerardo) - Coachella/Indio/La Quinta (760)398-5577
- Each candidate must provide a certificate that indicates that they have completed the course. The certificate must be given to Ms. Silvia Ramirez, Spanish Ministries Coordinator, prior to the date of the Quinceañera.
Flowers, Photography and Music:
- Our Parish provides fresh flowers for the Church on a weekly basis. A large arrangement is placed in front of the altar. No additional flowers or decorations are allowed in the Church.
- Confetti, rice, flower petals, birdseed and bubbles may not be scattered around the Church.
- Photography and video are allowed within the reasonable bounds of good taste and remembering that the ceremony is taking place within the House of God. Please consult your priest regarding flash photography and video during the Ceremony.
- Our Church does not contract with Musicians for private ceremonies. If you would like to have music at your ceremony please get permission from the Parish Office to contract with a musical group of your preference.